c/o Saint Stephen' s square, Serravalle Pistoiese
Ufficio Cultura Comune di Serravalle Pistoiese
Saint Stephen' s church is mentioned in the second half of the XIII century. it was restored during the XVI and XVII centuries and, than, during the XVIII and XIX centuries.
Inside there are the statues of Saint Lodovico from Tolosa and Saint Anthony Abbot, much prized sculptures in terracotta realized by the Buglioni's workshop (see the Hospital of Ceppo in Pistoia). Here Saint Lodovico from Tolosa holds in his hand the little model of the village because, according to an ancient legend, he saved it in 1306, after the siege by the forces of Moroello Malaspina.
In the Saint Stephen' s square the medieval siege of 1302 is commemorated : here some actors act a historic process during the Medieval Festival every year.
Share a photo or video
Ask for more information. Ask a question
View the questions
Help other users, leave a comment
View the comments