The triptych of Luca della Robbia and his School, in need of care, in the private chapel of the Bishop, was restored and transferred to the Cathedral in order to be placed at the disposal of a vast public, the faithful, art enthusiasts and tourists. According to scholars, the triptic-dossal was created between 1459 and 1470 and in any case by 1472, the year of the conferral of the juspatronate of the Spedale del Tau of Altopascio to the Capponi. The work was certainly commissioned by the Capponi of Florence to Luca della Robbia and carries a double 'signature' that allows a sure attribution: the family coat of arms (black and silver) located on the triptych, in lower right, while on the left there is the coat of arms of the Tau of Altopascio. The great triptych was perhaps designed for a more important church but then destined to Pescia, for the small church-oratory of San Biagio that the 'Magione del Tau' of Altopascio had in Piazza Grande (today Piazza Mazzini). The oratory has been destroyed, but there are many remains of the Magione and the glazed coat of arms of the Capponi family in what is now the prestigious and historic seat of the Misericordia of Pescia. There is another certain date: 1847, when it was transfered to the Chapel of the Bishopric, by decision of the Bishop of Pescia, Pietro Forti. The work of Luca della Robbia, which consists of a magnificent Madonna with Child, Angels and Saints (on the right St. James and his pilgrim stick and left St. Blaise, or second other hypothesis San Frediano), surely had an 'eventful' life. The work was installed in its current home, on the occasion of the Jubilee of the 500th anniversary of the Diocese of Pescia.