Culture - Museums - Churches
The idea of dedicating a museum to Leonardo in his native land arose in 1919 during the celebrations for the fourth centenary of his death when the Conti Guidi Castle was donated to the Municipality of Vinci. The Leonardo Museum opened on April 15, 1953 with the generous gesture of the International Business Machines Corporation (IBM) which donated an entire series of reconstructed models based on Leonardo's drawings to the Municipality. Since then the collection of machines and mechanisms has been installed. Only in 1986, after a forced renovation, the Museum definitively assumed the title of 'Leonardo Museum'. In the summer of 2004 the exhibition spaces were expanded through the agreement of the Conti Guidi castle and the Palazzina Uzielli in a single new museum itinerary arranged in two locations not far away in the historic center of Vinci.
ASK A QUESTION. Ask for more information
View the questions