The birth of the town dates back to the Roman era.
The same name derives from the Latin personal name of the ancient owner Parius, discovered in an early medieval document of 856.
Fundamentally, Pairana had a different history from the Landriano one, in fact it became a possession of the Brivio marquises who indeed defined themselves as 'feudal lords of Melegnano and Pairana'. Like Landriano, therefore, Pairana was always closely linked to Milan, passing to the jurisdiction of Pavia in 1859. In 1872 it was united with the municipality of Landriano.