The municipal library draws its origins from the volumes confiscated from the library of the Convent of Colleviti by the government of the Kingdom of Italy in 1867 and from some legacies of illustrious citizens of Pescia. In the early twentieth century the 'Magnani Library' had become a true center of culture. Local and Tuscan scholars met in the consultation rooms: Carlo Nardini, Guido Biagi, Giorgio Magnani, Ugo Ojetti and Lorenzo Viani. Thanks to acquisitions of funds, manuscripts and private collections, the library's heritage has become increasingly considerable, both for its value and for the number of volumes and documents, so much that started to be known beyond the borders of the Valdinievole. Since 1999, the library has moved to Villa Sismondi, the residence of the Geneva economist J. Ch. Seismonde de Sismondi.
Closed every Sunday, Saturday
9 - 12:30
15 - 18:45
ASK A QUESTION. Ask for more information
View the questions