Overlooking the central Piazza Bargellini, the church is first mentioned in a document from 1260. It underwent a radical overhaul in the 18th century that included raising the central nave plus a new altar and internal stucco decorations.
The façade overlooking the square has the right side of the building resting on a portico with octagonal pillars. Flanking the loggia is the bell tower, the only tower remaining from the ancient castle. Inside are various works from the 1700s and a large wooden crucifix from the 14th century.