Top list - Special places
The very long square is the focal point of the part of the old town on the right bank of the stream. Buildings of various era and style form a scenic ensemble. The fourteenth century palace of the Vicar is now home to municipal offices; in the courtyard there is the Monument to the Victory, bronze by Libero Andreotti. The beautiful setting includes the City Hall and the oratory of the Madonna di Piè di Piazza (1447), which has elegant Renaissance forms, attributed to Andrea di Lazzaro Cavalcanti called the Buggiano; the interior of the church is baroque, designed by Domenico Marcacci, with a fine carved coffered ceiling. On Saturday there is the weekly market and on the last Sunday of the month the square hosts the antique market.