The church of San Pantaleo, which was first the church of the Guidi counts and then the parish of Caterina -mother of Leonardo- and of the Buti di Campo Zeppi family, is located about two kilometers from the center of Vinci. At the time of Leonardo the church must have had the typical appearance of a small country oratory with a single hall, a double sloping roof and a bell gable, similar to how the nearby churches of San Bartolomeo a Streda and San Uncle. The design of the church with a similar appearance is visible in the detail of the plan of the 'Guelph Captains' relating to the people of San Pantaleo. Today the gabled façade with an oculus, with a double sloping roof and a cross at the top is partially covered by a portico with a canopy supported by two plastered brick columns. On the left there are the bell tower built in 1859 and the oratory of SS. Nome di Gesù dating back to 1690. It is possible to retrace the country roads that were familiar to Leonardo during the first years of his life, such as the so-called 'Caterina road', a country path that starts from the village of Vinci, near the Androne Ciofi, where Leonardo's younger brother will manage a tavern, and reaches the church of San Pantaleo, passing in front of the farmhouses that still bear the name of 'Campo Zeppi' farm.