The path begins near the ancient Baldassini Mill, on the road that leads to the locality of S.Amato. The mill dates back to 1581, as can be seen from the inscription carved on one of the corner stone of the façade. The path, shaded and very cool in summer, goes into the woods alongside the Vincio stream which in this particular stretch is called the Acqua Santa gorge. The name of the path is due to the presence of five hydraulic mills, built between the sixteenth and eighteenth centuries, unfortunately not in good condition, but of which the characteristic and essential elements can still be observed. Some of them remained in operation until the 1950s. At the end of the path you can see the remains of the Barco Reale Mediceo Wall, the immense hunting reserve built in 1600 that ran through the entire Montalbano with a circuit of about 50 km. The path of the Mills road can be reached from Leonardo's birthplace along a stretch of about 800 meters of paved road.
|Duration||7 MINUTI (5 Km/h)|
|Total Length||600 METRI|
ASK A QUESTION. Ask for more information
View the questions