The Church of Santa Maria del Rosario was built in the heart of the town between the second half of the 19th century and the very first years of the 20th century, following an unusual architectural scheme: the main facade, in fact, faces north and not east as often happens with churches. This choice was due to the fact that there had to be a preferential bond with the Medici villa sice it was the main building in the area. The initiative to build the new place of worship was due to the need to bring a parish seat into the heart of the village of Poggio a Caiano, since the one of Bonistallo remained too decentralized and inconvenient for most of Poggio's people. On the 27 September of 1903, after many efforts, the new church was finally consecrated and dedicated to the Blessed Virgin of the Most Holy Rosary. The structural arrangement of the church that we see today dates back to the latest changes completed on the 1 May of 1938 with the inauguration of the new bell tower, designed by Ardegno Soffici.