Culture - Library
In the Convent of Colleviti, founded by the Franciscan friars of the Osservanza in 1494 and dedicated to Louis of Toulouse, there was from the outset a collection of books, mostly liturgical, used by the friars. A real library was founded in 1637 by Father Serafino di Cutigliano, as attested in the Historical Report of the Convent of Louis of Toulouse, called Colleviti, near Pescia, by Seraphim Giani. In 1694 the library, which had about three thousand books, was rearranged, inventoried and organized for subjects by his father Antonio Gori. Currently, in addition to the original nucleus, the main funds of the library are the following: Serafino Giani, Convent of San Cerbone, Egidio Bertolozzi, Libero Di Stolfi, Pietro Vallini, Adolfo Oxilia. In the data-base there are 183 records related to editions of the sixteenth century.